Mercedes have revealed a radical new development on their W13 ahead of the second pre-season test in Bahrain.
The team’s W13 appeared in the paddock at Bahrain International Circuit featuring revised, much slimmer sidepods.
Reports of a ‘sidepod-less’ W13 first emerged in Italian newspaper Corriere della Serra, which is believed to have been alerted to the design by one of Mercedes’ rivals.
The new car features tall, narrow cooling inlets in place of the square air intakes which appeared on the previous design.
Original Mercedes W13 in Spain
New Mercedes W13 in Bahrain
More Bahrain Mercedes W13 pictures
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Corner tightened at Jeddah circuit in package of changes to improve safety
- Vettel’s journey from F1’s pantomime villain to its departing hero
- Which of 2022’s four lost F1 drivers will return to the grid in the future?
- Gasly would not change time at Red Bull “for anything”
- RaceFans 2022 Gift Guide for motorsport fans