Alfa Romeo has officially revealed the C42, its new car for the 2022 Formula 1 season, in its definitive livery.
Following a troubled 2021 campaign, in which the team fell to ninth place in the standings, Alfa Romeo is the only team to have enlisted an all-new driver line-up for the new season.
The team had a difficult start to pre-season testing as the C42 covered the fewest laps of any car at the Circuit de Catalunya this week.
However team principal Frederic Vasseur is optimistic about the team’s chances for the season ahead. “The C42 is a car we look forward to seeing racing,” he said, “not just because it is the first we built in this new regulations cycle, one in which racing should be closer and more thrilling, but because we have the utmost confidence in this car helping the team make a big step forward towards the front of the grid.”
Pictures: 2022 Alfa Romeo C42
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Aston Martin fined $450,000 for F1 budget cap violation
- Red Bull fined $7 million and lose development time for 2021 budget cap breach
- Hamilton: F1 ‘might as well not have a cost cap if the penalty is a slap on the wrist’
- Red Bull need penalty that “really hurts them” if they exceeded budget cap – Bottas
- F1 mustn’t let post-season budget cap rows become a regular occurrence