McLaren have run their new MCL36 car for 2022 on the track for the first time just days before the first pre-season test in Barcelona.
The team took part in a short shakedown of the car to test basic systems at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, ahead of the three day test that begins at the circuit on Wednesday.
Lando Norris was the first of the McLaren drivers to get behind the wheel of the MCL36, which features dramatically overhauled aerodynamics in line with the major technical regulations changes introduced this season. The was lacking the logo of team sponsor Velo, a brand of British American Tobacco.
McLaren are the second team to conduct a shakedown test at Barcelona today, after Haas ran a similar shakedown of their VF-22 this morning.
Pictures: 2022 McLaren MCL36 on track
Video: 2022 McLaren MCL36 on track
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2022 F1 season
- Aston Martin fined $450,000 for F1 budget cap violation
- Red Bull fined $7 million and lose development time for 2021 budget cap breach
- Hamilton: F1 ‘might as well not have a cost cap if the penalty is a slap on the wrist’
- Red Bull need penalty that “really hurts them” if they exceeded budget cap – Bottas
- F1 mustn’t let post-season budget cap rows become a regular occurrence