Sebastian Vettel says he is considering more than just how certain teams are performing at the moment to decide his future on F1 after he leaves Ferrari.Hungaroring.
However Vettel said he is considering teams’ future potential when weighing up his options for the 2021 F1 season and beyond.
“At the moment you look and it looks probably great,” he said when asked by Sky about a potential move to Racing Point.
“But I think I’ve been around for such a long time that you try to obviously look beyond that in terms of seeing what might form up and what might not form up along the grid.”
Vettel made it clear he does not want to be confined to the midfield when he leaves Ferrari.
“I want to win,” he said. “So I know that. And I think we all know that at the moment you need to be in a certain car to be able to win.
“That’s probably not in the cards. And then obviously I have to sort of evaluate whether there’s anything that comes close to that.”
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2020 F1 season
- Bottas vs Rosberg: Hamilton’s Mercedes team mates compared after 78 races each
- F1 revenues fell by $877 million in Covid-struck 2020 season
- Hamilton and Mercedes finally announce new deal for 2021 season
- F1 audience figures “strong” in 2020 despite dip in television viewers
- 2020 F1 driver rankings #1: Lewis Hamilton