“Unfortunately this race weekend was the worst since we started the team,” said Steiner. “We need to try to find a way out of our issues. This is not where we want to be.”
Haas began the season promisingly but has repeatedly struggled to extract performance from its tyres, particularly on race day. However Magnussen said this weekend the team hoped it would be in a more competitive shape in the race.
“There’s not much to tell,” he said. “I think after Friday we were thinking that qualifying might be difficult, but the race would be strong. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case.
“We were fighting at the back the whole race. We were a bit helpless. Obviously our pace is the biggest challenge at the moment. We just lack pace sometimes, and today was one of those days.”
Grosjean said the team made the “right decision” to park his car nine laps from the end while he was running 16th.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2019 F1 season
- McLaren Racing reports reduced £71 million loss in 2019
- Kvyat: Hockenheim podium last year was “my biggest achievement” so far
- How the FIA’s new encrypted fuel flow meter targets Ferrari’s suspected ‘aliasing’ trick
- “He smashed my office door”: 23 must-see moments from ‘Drive to Survive’ season two
- ‘I should have done a better job. There’s things that I know I can do better’