Lance Stroll says he is “on standby” for a possible switch to Force India ahead of the next race at Monza.
“Right now I’m going into Monza the same mentality as always. I assume to be driving for Williams.”
Stroll, who made his Formula 1 debut with Williams last year, is expected to visit the Force India factory tomorrow for a seat fitting. Force India was bought by a consortium of businessmen including Stroll’s father Lawrence earlier this month.
Asked by RaceFans on Saturday whether he expects to get a chance at the team, Stroll said: “We’ll see what Lawrence wants to do.”
On Friday new Force India team principal Otmar Szafnauer said they intend to stick with drivers Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon “for the short term”.
“What happens thereafter, it’s not impossible to change that’s for sure, but a lot of agreements would have to happen. So I don’t know, it’s hard for me to predict that in the future.”
RaceFans understands Perez has already signed to remain at Force India in 2019.
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year