Mercedes has set the launch date for its 2018 F1 car, the W09.
The car, officially titled the Mercedes-AMG F1 W09 EQ Power+, will break cover on February 22nd at Silverstone. The team intends the car to complete a 100 kilometre shakedown run at the track once it has been revealed.
Ferrari has already announced it will launch its car on the same day.
Mercedes’ cars won the last four Formula One constructors’ championship titles. Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg won all of the last four drivers’ titles with the team.
Get all the 2018 F1 race, test and launch dates on your mobile device using the F1 Fanatic Calendar
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
2018 F1 season
- Honda’s jet division helped F1 engineers solve power unit problem
- McLaren Racing losses rise after Honda split
- Ricciardo: Baku “s***show” was Red Bull’s fault
- “Drive to Survive Episode 1: All to Play For” reviewed
- F1’s television and social media audiences rose last year