Force India will retain Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg for 2017 according to the team’s co-owner Vijay Mallya.
Speaking during today’s FIA press conference Mallya said “we are very happy with Nico and Checo. Both are signed to 2017.”
“We are pretty early, much earlier than normal because we used to wait almost to the onset of winter before we announced our driver line-up,” he added.
“But this time we signed both for 2017 well in advance and of course today’s announcement by Ferrari put to rest a lot of speculation that has been taking place in the last several weeks.”
Perez and Hulkenberg will spend their fourth consecutive season together as team mates at Force India next year.
View the updated list of 2017 F1 drivers and teams
2016 British Grand Prix
- 2016 British Grand Prix team radio transcript
- Second Driver of the Weekend win for Verstappen
- Wet race at Silverstone leaves many cold
- A delayed start is better than a Safety Car start
- Top ten pictures from the 2016 British Grand Prix