Romain Grosjean will receive a grid penalty for the Monaco Grand Prix due to a gearbox change.
Grosjean has changed his gearbox since the last race and will fall foul of the rule requiring drivers to use the same unit for six consecutive events.
The penalty for an unauthorised gearbox change is a five-place grid drop. The Lotus driver was 11th-quickest during practice on Thursday.
2015 Monaco Grand Prix
- Mercedes urged Hamilton not to skip Monaco podium after losing race
- New audio reveals Hamilton’s Monaco strategy role
- Verstappen rebuffs Massa criticism over Monaco crash
- Hamilton “couldn’t care less” about Monaco
- ‘Moral victor’ Hamilton wins Driver of the Weekend
One comment on “Grosjean to get grid penalty at Monaco”
23rd May 2015, 11:21
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it now.
Five places for gearbox changes is an outrage, surely three would be much more reasonable.
Comments are closed.