HRT principal Colin Kolles has left the team.
In a statement HRT said: “Spanish outfit HRT F1 Team and Dr Colin Kolles have reached an agreement to end their cooperation and therefore the team principal will abandon his post on the 15th of December 2011.
“This is due to the new direction that the team has taken and the decision of the new management to move the team headquarters to Spain.
“HRT F1 Team would like to thank Dr Colin Kolles for his work and dedication throughout these past two years and wish him the best in his future projects.”
Kolles arrived in F1 when Midland Group took over Jordan in 2005. He stayed with the team, which later became Spyker and subsequently Force India, before leaving in 2009. He made his return to F1 with HRT early last year.
2011 F1 season
- Kubica reveals he almost withdrew from fateful 2011 rally – and had 2012 Ferrari F1 deal
- New video of Maldonado and Hamilton’s Monaco crash
- How well do you remember the 2011 F1 season? Take the F1 Fanatic quiz
- The 2011 F1 season: The complete F1 Fanatic review
- Your 2011 F1 predictions revisited
- Barrichello tipped to stay at Williams
- 2011 F1 statistics part 3: Stats and facts highlights
- 2011 F1 statistics part two: Vettel’s domination
- 2011 F1 statistics part one: car performance
- New 2011 rules produced best racing of last four years
Browse all 2011 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Motioncompany