It was another tough race for Williams.
Over the weekend the team confirmed Mike Coughlan, who joined them in May, will be their new technical director.
|Rubens Barrichello||Pastor Maldonado|
|Qualifying time comparison (Q2)||1’27.247 (+0.71)||1’26.537|
Williams drivers’ lap times throughout the race (in seconds):
|Pit stop 1||Hard 33.65s|
|Pit stop 2||Soft 22.339s|
Barrichello’s race was ruined when he tagged the back of his team mate’s car at the first corner, breaking his front wing.
He had to pit at the end of the first lap and switched to hard tyres to stay on a two-stop stint. He easily made his was past the HRTs and Virgins and set off after Heikki Kovalainen.
After switching to the soft tyres for his final stint he was catching the Lotus at around two seconds per lap. But he ran out of time to catch Kovalainen, finishing 15 seconds behind in 15th place.
Maldonado out-qualified Barrichello for the eighth time this year and credited his engineers for getting him on the track at the right time. But his race ended early with gearbox failure.
2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Vettel voted Driver of the Weekend for third time
- Rate the race result: 2011 Indian Grand Prix
- Massa’s crash and more fans’ videos from the Indian Grand Prix
- 2011 Indian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Herbert explains Massa’s penalty: “He knew where Hamilton was”
- Vote for your Indian GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Vettel never troubled for 11th win
- McLaren: Another race to forget for Hamilton
- Ferrari: Massa runs afoul of kerbs – and Hamilton
- Mercedes: Drivers’ points gap shrinks as Rosberg loses out
Image ?é?® Williams/LAT