The Goodwood Festival of Speed organisers are hoping to attract the most current F1 teams ever to this year’s event.
Lord March said at a press event this morning they plan to have nine of the 12 teams represented at the 2011 Festival.
Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault, Williams, Lotus, Virgin and HRT are expected to attend leaving only Force India, Sauber and Toro Rosso not represented.
The theme for this year’s Festival will be “Racing Revolutions: Quantum Leaps that Changed Motorsport”.
In line with that them, among the cars on display at a media event today was a McLaren-Cosworth MP4, the car which pioneered the use of carbon fibre in chassis construction.
The Festival will also mark the 100th anniversary of the first Indianapolis 500 with over 30 winning Indy Cars on display.
And a collection of Group B rally cars will mark 25 years since the heyday of the spectacular category on the forest rally stage.
Goodwood Festival of Speed
- F1 action at the 2016 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Lotus 43: F1’s only 16-cylinder race-winner
- Goodwood Festival 2015: F1 cars of the 2000s
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Nineties F1 cars
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Eighties F1 cars
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Highlights from the hill
- Goodwood Festival 2015: Cars from F1’s first 30 years
- Minardi M189: Heroic minnows’ only race-leading car
- Raikkonen joins F1 stars at the Goodwood Festival
- More cars at the 2014 Goodwood Festival of Speed
Images ?é?® F1 Fanatic. If you wish to use these images please contact F1 Fanatic to request permission