The famous photograph of 1986 world championship contenders Ayrton Senna, Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell and Nelson Piquet has been re-created by the five drivers in contention for the 2010 drivers’ title.
Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Mark Webber, Jenson Button and Sebastian Vettel posed together and with Bernie Ecclestone at the Korean International Circuit. See below for pictures.
Senna, Prost, Mansell and Piquet were photographed together in the dying stages of the 1986 season when all four were in contention for the championship. It was eventually won by Prost.
All four drivers went on to win further championships after the photograph was taken. Between them they won all bar two of the world championships from 1981 to 1993. Will this quintet go on to have a similar kind of success?
2010 Korean Grand Prix
- Mercedes deny Massa held up Schumacher for Alonso
- Korea say 168,000 attended first F1 race
- Alonso not considering Brazil title win
- Hamilton: Alonso would have passed me
- Button: “I will fight until it’s impossible”
- Horner hits back over Webber criticism
- Korean International Circuit: your verdict
- Montezemolo: “We haven’t won yet”
- 2010 Korean Grand Prix: the complete F1 Fanatic race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Korean Grand Prix weekend? (Poll)